Chute Apps, Inc.
Based in Windsor, Canada
February 4, 2021
It's time to bring roguelikes to the next level! Rogue Star Rescue is a unique mix of bullet hell roguelike and tower defense games. We're adding strong strategy elements to the all-out insanity of bullet hell shooters. The action is smooth, the gameplay is challenging, the story is complex and nonlinear. It's a game you'll get sucked into, and will end up spending months exploring the multiple intricacies and outcomes. Keeping the game fun well past the 100-hour mark is our core design focus.
The development of Rogue Star Rescue started in October 2018. The core mechanics were built in four months and the alpha version of the game was released on March 8, 2019. Rogue Star Rescue left Early Access on February 4, 2021. Along with Steam, HumbleBundle, and itch.io, the game will also be available on the major consoles (Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo). To find information on the most recent game updates, please visit the Rogue Star Rescue Steam and Twitter page.
- Roguelite procedural levels with 500+ rooms
- 10 unique planets (levels) + 1 secret planet
- 6 playable characters
- 200+ guns and passive items
- 90+ enemies and mini-bosses
- 15+ different traps
- 40+ sidequests
- 32 different possible storyline endings
- Online co-op
- Local co-op
- RPG style leveling up for each character
- Tower defense elements (traps and pods)
- 3 difficulty modes (Wimpy, Normal, Insane)
- Powerful synergy abilities for items and guns
- Fully immersive soundtrack
- Online leaderboards and player achievement tracking
- Original retro-inspired pixel art
- Numerous references to the greatest works of science fiction and real-life space science
- Full gameplay experience in 8 languages.
The Official Gameplay Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
About Chute Apps, Inc.
Chute Apps Inc. is a game and software development company based in Windsor, Ontario. Established in 2011, the company designs video games, mobile, and web applications.
More information on Chute Apps, Inc., our logo & relevant media are available here.
Rogue Star Rescue Credits
Producer, project manager