Chute Apps, Inc.
Based in Windsor, Canada
8 March, 2019
Rogue Star Rescue is a fast-paced roguelite bullet hell shooter with tower defense elements. Shoot your way through diverse alien planets while strategically gathering traps and resources for the epic boss fights. Defend your planet and stop the catastrophic Rogue Star from annihilating everything.
The development of Rogue Star Rescue started in October 2018. The core mechanic was built in four months and the alpha version of the game was released on March 8, 2019. Currently, the game is available on Steam Early Access and itch.io. The team of Rogue Star Rescue consists of five people: a developer, two artists, a composer, and a project manager. The game is coded solely by one person, Carl Chute, who also started a blog dedicated to the development of Rogue Star Rescue. The game is now in active development and is updated every two weeks. To find information on the most recent game updates, please visit the Rogue Star Rescue Steam page or itch.io page.
- 14 unique planets (levels)
- 60+ unique enemies
- 400+ guns and power-up items
- 112 different possible storyline endings
- Detailed and engaging cinematics
- Online leaderboards and player achievement tracking
- Fully immersive soundtrack
- Numerous references to the greatest works of science fiction and real-life space science
- Original retro-inspired pixel art
- A variety of secret items and Easter Eggs
- Full gameplay experience in 10 languages
- Plus any good ideas proposed by our community during the alpha stage.
Official Alpha Version Gameplay Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
About Chute Apps, Inc.
Chute Apps Inc. is a game and software development company based in Windsor, Ontario. Established in 2011, the company designs video games, mobile, and web applications.
More information on Chute Apps, Inc., our logo & relevant media are available here.
Rogue Star Rescue Credits
Producer, project manager